- Photo report: Trip to London and Oxford 31 May 2018
- Report from Berlin Gallery Weekend and Cologne, (28 April–4 May 2018), also archived on Wakelet
- Report from the symposium 'How Institutions Think' organised by the LUMA Foundation and CCS Bard College, Arles, 24–27 February 2016;
- Report from Amsterdam Art Weekend 27–30 November 2014;
- Photo report and Storify of the symposium "When Does an Exhibition Begin and End?", National Library of Singapore, 14 May 2014;
- Report from Frieze week: Frieze Art Fair, Frieze Masters and the whole other rest, 12–18 October 2014;
- Report from Madrid: Exhibitions during Apertura 2014 Gallery Weekend (11–13 September 2014);
Participants in the symposium "You're such a curator!" at de Appel Arts Centre, Amsterdam, 23–24 November 2016 and Amsterdam Art Weekend
This and following photos: Carina Erdmann/De Appel.
The two-day symposium included contributions by Mira Asriningtyas, Lucrezia Calabrò Visconti, Renata Cervetto, Mateo Chacon-Pino, Galerie (Adriano Wilfert Jensen and Simon Asencio), Natasha Hoare, Kati Ilves, Prem Krishnamurthy, Inga Lace, Latitudes (Max Andrews and Mariana Cánepa Luna), Shona Mei Findlay, Fadwa Naamna, Kim Nguyen, Emma Ines Panza, Aneta Rostkowska and Kuba Woynarowski, Chris Sharp, Niels Van Tomme and Huib Haye van der Werf.
We also visited a few exhibitions and attended a few events programmed for the Art Amsterdam Weekend (24–27 November). One of the highlights was Marinus Boezem's exhibition at Oude Kerk's grand Gothic architecture, one of its finest and oldest examples in Holland. Boezem's pieces resonated with the Gothic style of the church, an architecture that has fascinated him throughout this artistic practice – he has produced several pieces using plans of cathedrals, his most famous one being "Gothic Growing Project" (1978–1987), popularly known as "The Green Cathedral" in a polder landscape near Almere, composed of 178 Italian poplars.
Abstracted images by Claudia Martínez Garay.
San Serriffe art book shop in the red light district.
- The story behind José Antonio Hernández-Díez's 'San Guinefort' (1991) 29 March 2016
- David Jablonowski's "Hype Cycle" at Fons Welters, Amsterdam 14 December 2014;
- Report from the Amsterdam Art Weekend, 27–30 November 2014 now on Storify 2 December 2014;
- The Dutch Assembly, ARCOmadrid, 15–19 February 2012.
On our last few hours, we paid a visit to Jeanine Hofland which had a group show with works by Andrea Kvas, Mohamed Namou, Alek O., Gino Saccone, Yonatan Vinitsky and Jessica Warboys revolving around the idea of painting without paintings.
Report from London's Frieze week 2014 (27 October 2014)
Report from Madrid: Exhibitions during Apertura 2014 Gallery Weekend (15 September 2014)
Report from Glasgow: Lecture at The Common Guild and studio and gallery visits (4 December 2013)
Report from Paris: FIAC week, 21–28 October 2013 (5 November 2013)
Report from Athens: "AGORA", 4th Athens Biennale 2013 (4 November 2013)
Report from New York: Gramcsi Monument, visiting critics at ISCP, Carol Bove at The High Line and galleries route (23 September 2013)
Report from Dublin and Derry-Londonderry: research trip to Ireland, 8–14 March 2013 (16 March 2013)
Report from Urdaibai: commission series 'Sense and Sustainability', Urdaibai Arte 2012 (22 July 2012)
This is the blog of the independent curatorial office Latitudes. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
All photos: Latitudes | www.lttds.org (except when noted otherwise in the photo caption)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.