Older Posts / Entradas antiguas
01 March 2017 12:08
| 2017, A Stake in the Mud, cover story, Film programme, Jordan Wolfson, Land Art, looking back, MACBA, museo tamayo, No Soul for Sale, ProjecteSD, Sequelism, Stedelijk museum
The March 2017 Monthly Cover Story "Time travel with Jordan Wolfson" is now up on www.lttds.org – after March it will be archived here. "The film that lends its image to this month’s cover story – Jordan Wolfson’s Landscape for Fire, 2007 – was featured in the Latitudes-curated film programme A Stake in the Mud, A Hole in the Reel. Land Art’s Expanded Field 1968–2008, which premiered in April 2008 at the Museo Tamayo, Mexico City, before touring several venues in Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the U.K. Landscape for Fire responded to a 1972 film of the same name by Anthony McCall in which the British artist, best known for his “solid light” works, attempted to integrate performance, installation, sculpture and images in movement. Thirty-five years on, Jordan had re-staged this work of the past as though it were a ritual, the repetition of which invoked the almost mystical aura that often surrounds the art of the late 1960s and early 1970s." Continue reading by clicking the grey bar underneath the imageCover Stories' are published on a monthly basis on Latitudes' homepage and feature past, present or forthcoming projects, research, writing, artworks, exhibitions, films, objects or field trips related to our curatorial activities, and are archived here.
- Archive of Cover Stories since March 2015
- Cover Story, February 2017: The Dutch Assembly, five years on 1 February 2017
- Cover Story, January 2017: How open are open calls? 4 January 2017
- Cover Story, December 2016: Ten years ago – Land, Art: A Cultural Ecology Handbook 5 December 2016
- Cover Story, November 2016: Plucking Gilda, synesthetic Toni and dazzling Víctor 2 November 2016
- Cover Story, October 2016: "A Funny thing Happened on the Way to the Gallery, 13 October 2016
- Cover Story, September 2016: "El misterio de Caviria" by Antoni Hervàs 1 Septiembre 2016
- Last chance to read the August 2016 Monthly Cover Story "Fermínlandia" 31 August 2016.