Lawrence Weiner's THE CREST OF A WAVE tote bag in the Tate Archive and exhibited at The McManus Museum and Galleries, Dundee
|Limited edition tote bag designed by Lawrence Weiner in 2015. Photo: Latitudes.|
We're delighted to share that Latitudes' limited edition tote bag, exclusively designed by Lawrence Weiner to commemorate Latitudes' 10th anniversary in 2015, is now part of Tate Archive.
The Dundee presentation will include the tote bag and three sugar sachets with the striking typographic rendition of the statement "A CLOTH OF COTTON WRAPPED AROUND A HORSESHOE OF IRON TOSSED UPON THE CREST OF A WAVE" in Catalan, Spanish, and English, the latter first commissioned in 2008 as part of Weiner's solo exhibition at the Fundació Suñol, Barcelona.
- THE CREST OF A WAVE by Lawrence Weiner at the Fundació Suñol, Barcelona, October–November 2008.
- Photographs of the project.
- Pdf online of the exhibition booklet
- Making of video
- Latitudes' limited edition tote bags exhibited in the Asia Art Archive's "A short history of the art book bag (and the things that go in them)" 24 August 2015
- Latitudes publications acquired by the Paul D. Fleck Library & Archives, The Banff Centre 2 August 2015
- (Part 2/3) "The Encyclopedic Palace", 55th Venice Biennale in tote bags 14 June 2013
- FAQ: Where can I find the publications edited by Latitudes? 22 April 2012