11 April 2016 09:00
| 2016, design, graphic communication, invitation, José Antonio Hernández-Díez, latitudes, MACBA, making of, Solo show
Exhibition announcement sent via email.
Departing from the religious and technological references included in Hernández-Díez's exhibition, the cross appears like a distorted televisual aparition.
The design was later applied on the large glass vitrine that frames the entrance to the Convent dels Àngels, respecting the presence of two video pieces also on display in this space: 'La caja' (1991) and 'Vas pa'l cielo y vas llorando' (1992), videoprojections that remain lit until midnight.
(Above) Draft design and (following) tests on the windows, vinyls being applied and final look of the entrance to the exhibition space at Plaça dels Àngels.
(Above) Façade by day and façade by night (below, photo by Miquel Coll, MACBA).
Finally, a smaller vinyl is also applied at c/ dels Àngels, easily viewed when visitors come from c/ Elisabets.
- The story behind José Antonio Hernández-Díez's 'Saint Guinefort' (1991) 29 March 2016
- Public programmes related to the exhibition 'José Antonio Hernández-Díez. I Will Fear No Evil' at MACBA 18 March 2016
- José Antonio Hernández-Díez, 'I will fear no evil’, Convent dels Àngels, Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA), Barcelona, 18 March–26 June 2016.
- Photodocumentation of the exhibition.
- Exhibition essay on José Antonio Hernández-Díez, Quaderns Portàtils #32, free-to-read pdf (Spanish & English) and epub (Spanish).
- Storify archive of tweets, instagram posts, reviews.
- Exhibition of Hernández-Díez at the New Museum, New York in 2003.
- Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA)