Performance “One motif says to the other: I can’t take my eyes off you” by Eulàlia Rovira and Adrian Schindler in the exhibition ‘Cream cheese and pretty ribbons!’
|All photos: Latitudes.|
On September 14, Eulàlia Rovira and Adrian Schindler presented the performance ‘One motif says to the other: I can’t take my eyes off you’ in the context of the exhibition ‘Cream Cheese and Pretty Ribbons!’, curated by Latitudes at Galerie Martin Janda in Vienna.
The new performance comprised a series of sartorial compositions, music clips, and readings from memory that were inspired by the belts, buckles, chains, harnesses, and tassels that appear on luxury silk scarf designs by brands such as Hermès, as well as the vogue for tattoos appropriating tribal patterns. A companion series of five photographic prints are derived from the intertwining designs of the latter textiles.
‘Cream cheese and pretty ribbons!’ is part of the curated_by Vienna gallery festival inviting international curators. In 2018 the festival examines Vienna's systems and contradictions, life between the baroque and present times.
- Save the date: 13 September, 6–9pm. Latitudes-curated exhibition ‘Cream cheese and pretty ribbons!’, Galerie Martin Janda, Vienna 21 June 2018
- David Bestué's installation "Luces" at Cosme Toda Factory, part of the Barcelona Gallery Weekend site-specific commissions programme Composiciones 2015 curated by Latitudes.
- Sean Lynch as Guest Faculty of Latitudes-led month-long seminar ‘Geologic Time’ at the Banff Centre, Canada.
- ‘Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes & des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne’, Meessen De Clercq, Brussels, Belgium, 25 February–16 April 2011.
- ‘Provenances: Erick Beltrán, Simon Fujiwara and Jordi Mitjà’, Umberto di Marino Arte Contemporaneo, Naples, Italy, 14 May–14 September 2009.
- ‘The Garden of Forking Paths’, Maisterravalbuena, Madrid, Spain, 28 May–31 July 2009.
- ‘Extraordinary Rendition’, NoguerasBlanchard, Barcelona, Spain, 22 March–19 May 2007.