The tour of the film and video programme "A Stake in the Mud, A Hole in the Reel. Land Art's Expanded Field, 1968-2008" [Una estaca en el lodo, un hoyo en la cinta. El campo expandido del Land Art, 1968-2008] is coming to an end, the two final screenings will take place on the:
19 October 2008, 3.30pm, Spike Island, Bristol, UK (in the context of the exhibition 'Richard Long and Simon Starling', 4 October - 23 November 2008)
25 October 2008, 12-2.30pm, Centro de Arte Dos de Mayo, Móstoles, Madrid (in the context of the exhibition 'Gustos, colecciones y cintas de vídeo')
Both of these screenings will present a selection of the material that conformed the programme, as follows:
Still from Richard Long's 'Walking a Straight 10 Miles Line Forward and Back Shooting Every Half Mile (Dartmoor England, January 1969)', 1969, in Gerry Schum's 'LAND ART', 1969. Courtesy Groninger Museum, Groningen.
Part 1 (duration 32' in Bristol and 52' in Móstoles)
· Gerry Schum (1938 Bergisch Gladbach, Germany-1973 Düsseldorf, Germany): Land Art, 1969. 32'. Includes films by Richard Long, Barry Flanagan, Dennis Oppenheim, Robert Smithson, Marinus Boezem, Jan Dibbets and Walter de Maria.· Nancy Holt (1938 Worcester, US. Lives in New Mexico, US) & Robert Smithson: Mono Lake, 1968/2004. 19'54" NOTE: Only screened at the Centro Dos de Mayo
Francis Alÿs (in collaboration with Rafael Ortega and Cuauhtémoc Medina) 'When Faith Moves Mountains (Making of)', 2002. Courtesy of the artist and Galerie Peter Kilchmann, Zurich.
Part 2 (duration 1h 15min)
· Francis Alÿs (1959 Amberes, Belgium. Lives in Mexico City, Mexico): Cuando la fe mueve montañas (Making of), 2002. 15'.
· Donna Conlon (1966 Atlanta, US. Lives in Ciudad de Panamá, Panamá): Country Road, 2002. 1'29".
· Hans Schabus (1970 Watschig, Austria. Lives in Viena, Austria): Western, 2002. 11'.
· Ibon Aranberri (1969 Itziar, Spain. Lives in Itziar, Spain): Zuloa (Ir.T. nº513), 2004. 8'.
· Mario García Torres (1975 Monclova, Mexico. Lives in La Jolla, US): Abandoned and Forgotten Land Works That Are Not Necessarily Meant To Be Seen As Art, 2004. 7'.
· Thiago Rocha Pitta (1980 Tiradentes, Brazil. Lives in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil): Zênite invertido, 2005. 11'54''.
· Maria Thereza Alves (1961 São Paulo, Brazil. Lives in Rome, Italy): The Sun, 2006. 5'03".
· Damián Ortega (1967 Mexico City, Mexico. Lives in Mexico City, Mexico and Berlin, Germany): Reticencia al trabajo, Segunda parte, 2006. 5'15".
· Nikolaj Recke (1969 Copenhague, Denmark. Lives in Copenhague, Denmark): Tomorrow is today, 2006. 3'.
· Jordan Wolfson (1980 New York, US. Lives in Nueva York and Berlin, Germany): Landscape for Fire, 2007. 7'.
· Cyprien Gaillard (1980, Paris, France. Lives in Paris, France): Real Remnants of Fictive Wars VI, 2008. 1'40''
Read all press material that has appeared to date here.
View a slideshow of some screenings here.