Fri, Apr 2 2021 2021, conversations, cover story, deep time, Ecology, Essay, Juan Guardiola, La Panera, Lara Almarcegui, latitudes
April 2021 cover story on www.lttds.org
The April 2021 monthly Cover Story ‘Lara Almarcegui at La Panera’ is now up on our homepage: www.lttds.org
“Latitudes participated in a roundtable and wrote the exhibition text for Lara Almarcegui’s ‘Graves’ (Gravels), currently on view at the Centre d'art la Panera, Lleida, until 30 May. “What possibilities begin to emerge when the excavation at a quarry is stopped?”, the text wonders.”
→ Continue reading
→ After April 2021 this story will be archived here. Cover Stories' are published on a monthly basis on Latitudes' homepage featuring past, present or forthcoming projects, research, texts, artworks, exhibitions, films, objects or field trips related to our curatorial projects and activities.
- Archive of Monthly Cover Stories
- 18 marzo 2021, 18:30h: Mesa redonda “Transformación geológica y construcción artificial” con Lara Almarcegui y Juan Guardiola, 8 Mar 2021
- Cover Story—March 2021: Eulàlia Rovira's ‘A Knot Which is Not’ (2020–21), 1 mar 2021
- Cover Story—February 2021: ‘Straits Time: narrative smuggling in Singapore’, 1 Feb 2021
- Cover Story–January 2021: ‘Things Things Say’: VIP's Union’, 1 Jan 2021
- 11 de julio 2019, 19h: Conversación con Lara Almarcegui en el Institut Valencià d'Art Modern (IVAM), 25 June 2019
- ‘Thinking like a drainage basin’ essay in the catalogue of the exhibition ‘Lara Almarcegui. Béton’, 8 April 2019
- Works by Lara Almarcegui included in the exhibition “4.543 billion. A Matter of Matter”, CAPC musée d'art contemporain de Bordeaux, 2017
- Report from Urdaibai: commission series ‘Sense and Sustainability’, Urdaibai Arte 2012 22 July 2012
- Launch of the monograph ‘Lara Almarcegui. Projects 1995–2010’, edited by Latitudes at 'The Dutch Assembly', ARCOmadrid, 15 February, 19-20h 14 February 2012
- Photos 'In conversation with Lara Almarcegui', 19 May 2011, TENT, Rotterdam 6 June 2011
- Portscapes bus tour: Lara Almarcegui wasteland tour and Christina Hemauer & Roman Keller's 'Postpetrolistic Internationale' choir performance 10 November 2009
- Text on Lara Almarcegui's project for Expo Zaragoza 2008 and exhibition at Pepe Cobo, Madrid 28 October 2008
- Catálogo 'Estratos', texto sobre Lara Almarcegui, PAC Murcia 2008, 28 Mayo 2008
- Lara Almarcegui, “Wastelands” in “LAND, ART: A Cultural Ecology Handbook”, Royal Society of Arts and Arts Council England, 2006
Fri, Jun 16 2017
2017, 4543 billion, CAPC Bordeaux, Curatorial Practice, curatorial writing, deep time, Faculty, fieldwork, research, residency, Sean Lynch, seminar, The Banff Center, Workshop
Julius von Schoppe (1795–1868), Illustration of giant stone near the
Rauenschen Mountains near Furstenwalde, 1827, Lithograph, von Tempeltey.
Between September 11 and October 6, 2017, ten artists, researchers, writers and curators from around the world will ponder geological formations and stratigraphy,
minerals, and resource extraction to speculate about a more expansive,
slower and longer-term view of art, exhibitions, and institutions. The spectacular Rocky Mountains will not only be the backdrop, but the active participants.
Through fieldwork, seminars, and independent study, 'Geologic Time' participants will be “thinking with” geology (beyond the depiction of landscape) as a potential way to consider non-conventional, deep-time perspectives on curating, exhibition making, programming, and fieldwork within contemporary art.
Lead faculty: Latitudes
Guest Faculty: Sean Lynch
"Geologic Time" is a thematic residency programme of the Banff International Curatorial Institute, Visual + Digital Arts organised by the Banff Centre for Art and Creativity in Alberta, Canada. Within the framework of the residency Latitudes curated the group exhibition "4.543 billion. The matter of matter" at the CAPC musée d’art contemporain de Bordeaux, France, on view until January 7, 2018.
View of the Banff Centre campus. Photo: Latitudes.
- "4.543 billion. The matter of matter" in pictures.
- Guest Faculty of the Thematic Residency 'Blueprint for Happiness' at The Banff Centre, Canada, 27 July–8 August 2015 16 July 2015
- Cover Story – April 2017: Banff Geologic Time 3 April 2017
- Cover Story – December 2016: Ten years ago – Land, Art: A Cultural Ecology Handbook 5 December 2016
- Cover Story – May 2016: Material histories – spilling the beans at the CAPC musée d’art contemporain de Bordeaux 10 May 2016.
- Second research trip to Bordeaux 16 July 2016